Contracts & Category Professional, project, long time assignment
On behalf of one of our clients, we are searching for a SCM Contract Professional who has a drive for performance and improvement.
General description of the role:
Preferably, you have experience from D&W and Intervention contracts with compensation models that create win-win solutions and reward the parties
for value-creating work. The main purpose of this role is to support the development and implementation of the long-term strategy for alliances,
services and equipment required to support the Drilling & Wells team long range activity plan.
The role shall also work to improve contract, templates and processes and support the Supply Chain Manager in market analysis and forecasting.
The SCM Professional Contracts is responsible for a given portfolio of contracts and shall ensure a high quality supply chain service.
This will involve contract administration, strategic sourcing and facilitation of the Supplier Management process, together with the Contract Accountable Manager
from the line. The role shall proactively develop and continuously improve the designated Category to maximize flow efficiency and value creation while
minimizing total cost of ownership in cooperation with both the SCM team and the Business Unit.
Being part of a bigger D&W SCM team, the role is expected to support and work with the team on any ongoing activities in other areas where required.
- Demand analysis and planning of D&W’s demand across all assets
- Monitor supplier markets supported by the SCM Analyst for designated category
- Execution of Category- and procurement strategies, manage and lead sourcing processes, plan and lead negotiations, evaluate and prepare recommendation of award and final contracting
- Manage a contract portfolio of designated contracts to meet the long range plan
- Support the D&W Alliance implementation process and performance management
- Develop and implement effective Supplier Management relationships
- Facilitate the “Manage Supplier” process together with the Contract Accountable Manager to drive performance, focusing on HSE, Quality, Productivity and One Team
- Intervene to ensure compliance with SCM processes
- Work closely with Supply Chain Manager and Lead in negotiation of contractual terms and contract drafting
- Define best practices to achieve contract excellence and define metrics to show improvement
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve SCM operations requirements, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of higher education, preferably a Master’s degree (e.g. MSc, MBA, etc.) in Purchasing, Contracts or other relevant subject. Alternatively equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant O&G Contract Management experience, at least 2+ years from strategic sourcing (Contracts)
- Working knowledge of Norwegian contracting traditions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong process management skills and ability to run multiple projects from start to end
We are looking for a candidate that has a desire to understand and shape the strategy. You are self-going and have a passion for continuous improvements and the drive to deliver. Your colleagues will describe you as structured, proactive, and able to work effectively as part of a team with good communication skills. Accuracy in what you deliver is important to you and you always deliver on time. You are motivated by understanding the projects in our portfolio from discussions with technical experts, and you challenge yourself by continuously improving your skill set.