Responsibilities and work tasks:
- The Purchaser is a part of the Procurement Department, which is a sub-group of the Department for Marine Operations.
- The Purchaser’s cooperates with the Supply Chain Manager in all work related to procurement for the vessels - in close co-operation with the Fleet Manager / Technical Superintendent.
Main responsibilities are:
- Ask for quotations and nominate/evaluate suppliers in accordance with guidelines.
- Purchase spares, provision, and other consumables according to guidelines.
- Follow up outstanding orders.
- Keep supplier records.
- Ensure spares to be certified when required.
- Keep vessels informed about arrangements made for each port regarding supplies of provision / stores and shipment of spares etc.
- Verify invoices and enter on account-number.
- Cost control versus budgets.
Health, safety, environment, and quality systems (HSEQ Systems):
- Organize and maintain procurement frame agreements.
- Represent on meetings with procurement organizations and suppliers/ manufacturers.
- Responsible for shipment of spare parts etc to vessels as per instructions from technical and/or purchase dept.
- Arrange shipment of all landed goods to and from vessels.
- Arrange/inquire repair/exchange of landed goods against suppliers.
Please send your application and CV and to firstname.lastname@example.org